- started work, which entailed attending a six-day, 48-hour seminar,
- woke up with a full-body rash on the first day of work,
- was thrown into classrooms to teach multiple grade levels on a morning's notice,
- got reassigned to teach kindergarten for the school year,
- moved into a new apartment,
- and lost and recovered my iPhone thanks to a kind cab driver.
But instead of getting into all that, I just want to talk about food.
I love food. I love to talk about food, write about food, and even make food from time to time. Before we came to Istanbul, a heavy proportion — if not the majority — of the research I did was about food. I was so excited to try everything, and there's still so much more I haven't sampled. As awkward as we may be with our one-item-at-a-time ordering habits (it doesn't work like that here), that hasn't stopped us from frequently eating out and enjoying the local cuisine.
Check out the slideshow for my made-for-Instagram food photos and experiences.